Wednesday, November 11, 2009

We mailed our DOSSIER today !!!!

After working on this for almost 2 months, we are done with the dossier paperwork. I made my final copies this morning and sorted and stacked just to make sure it was all just right. I am still in awe that we are done with it. Now we will find out if there is anything we need to redo before we are put on the waiting list.

All that work is done for now. I feel so blessed to have this mailed before Thanksgiving. I had been praying that if it was God's will, we could send it before Thanksgiving. What a huge blessing. Only by God's grace have we gotten this far.

For those of you in the adoption world, you know what a big deal this is. Lots of time and energy and detailed work goes into the dossier. When we took it in to overnight it, the clerk told me I was just like all the other adoptive moms. Very cautious, very careful with putting it into the envelope, taking pictures, giving the paperwork one last "hug" goodbye. Glad to know we are normal in one way. =)

We prayed over it before we mailed it off. Prayed for Sweet Pea (or Sweet Peas). Shed our tears and then celebrated God's faithfulness and goodness. Trusting that He continues to go before us and clear the path. A little sigh of relief will come once I hear that it has arrived and is approved.



Sweet Pea

We love you so much and pray that God blesses all the work that has gone into the paperwork. I am trusting you into God's care each and every day. He loves you more than I do.

Love, Mom

8 comments:

  1. Congrats and welcome to the AGCI family! We were just wait listed a few weeks ago and the feeling of finally being finished with all that paperwork is amazing!!!

    We are currently #14 on the siblings list, #20 on the boys list, and #42 on the girls list.

    Looking forward to following your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!! I know you are so excited!!! I'm so excited for you all. Today, Scott asked Julie if at all possible to get out kiddos together, so we could travel together :) I never underestimate God these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I will be praying for you guys and for your sweet pea(s).

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, now I am crying. I remember what it felt like to mail the dossier off. That packet is so much more than just paper, it is a hope and a dream, it is a faith journey, and lives changed forever. So, so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray Hurray! Time to celebrate.....no more copy machines.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure it will be a sigh of relief...like you said on the phone..."It's in God's hands now". Just waiting for Him to work and go before you. So happy for you all. Great pictures....I can just visualize you on the floor there sorting papers. Bless your heart! And bless all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My eyes are wellling up and I think about and pray for this precious child (children!) How fortunate and blessed this child will be. Praise God you were able to complete this step in such a short time! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete