Tuesday, February 9, 2010

NOT YET


We have not gotten our confirmation to travel yet. We are still waiting on the results of the TB testing. I have heard it has started, but no results yet. If is so VERY AMERICAN to want to plan. To know what and where and when. To have it all planned out. But, we have prayed, and God has answered NOT YET. It still doesn't seem to be in His will for us to know today. And I will rest in that what I DO KNOW. These are some of the truths I have been learning as I have studied God's names. I KNOW....


God is El Elyon - He is the Most High God. He is above all and in control of all. And I can rest in Him.

God is Jehovah Rapha - He is the Lord who heals. We have prayed for our boys health and are trusting that God will heal their bodies, minds and spirits.

God is Jehovah Jireh - The Lord who provides. He has provided in every way for this adoption. From the funds we have needed, to being matched with the right children, to leading us to the best agency for our family, to giving us support from friends and family. God has provided what we need.

God is Jehovah Shammah - The Lord is there. He is there with my boys even though I can not be. He is not held back by boundaries and countries. The same God is here with me at the same time, He is there with our boys at the orphanage.

God is Jehovah Shalom - The Lord is peace. I have had such an amazing peace about all of this adoption. I have been able to rest in God's peace and not be anxious for the details. I am resting in His peace today.

God is Jehovah Raah - The Lord is my shepherd. He guides, leads, directs and cares for me just as a shepherd cares for his sheep.

God is El Roi - the God who sees. He sees every detail that is going on in my life. He knows. He is aware. Not one thing that is going on in my situation is a surprise to Him.

God is El Shaddai - God almighty. He is the ALL sufficient one. He is ALL that we need. I may think I need to know the details, but ALL I need is to rest in the truth that He is ALMIGHTY.

God is Adonai - God is master, ruler, owner. I will let God rule my life because He is able and trustworthy. I will surrender to His plan and obey His lead.

God is YHWH - Yahweh - Jehovah - LORD. He is the self existent one. The eternal I AM. The alpha and omega, same today and forever, the covenant keeping God. He keeps His promises and He never changes.


Isn't it amazing when we stop and really understand more about God. I have learned so much and today is just an opportunity to live out what I have learned.

Still praying to hear the results soon and praying the tests come back with favorable results to travel in the next group.

Dear Sweet Peas,

Today I was hopeful to hear about a confirmation of travel and yet, we don't have any new answers. I am learning to cling to God's truths and be a living example of trusting God.

We hope to travel in just a few weeks to come and meet you and bring you home. But more than anything I have my HOPE in God and His plan for our family.

Love, Mom

7 comments:

  1. We're praying, too. Every day we wonder if this is the day you get the go-ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you haven't heard anything yet, but it is SO good that you are focusing on God during this time and who He is and His faithfulness and His promises. He will keep you in perfect peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying you hear something soon.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful post. Thanks for all the reminders of the God that we serve. Still praying for things to move soon. All in His timing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post remembering WHO HE IS...praying for your boys, for your entire family and for your beautiful mommy heart along the end stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great reminder of our AWESOME GOD! If we really believe this, why do we fear, get anxious, doubt, take matters into our own hands?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clinging with you to our unchanging God and His unchanging promises!!

    ReplyDelete