We are going to spend our evening praying. If you feel led, these are the things we are praying for.
Praying for the birth mom.
- For her to be able to make it to court.
- For her to have the proper ID with her.
- For peace in her decision in her adoption plan for the boys.
- For blessings and protection for her.
For the court system.
- For the Ministry Of Women's Affair to have their letter of recommendation done and in place.
- For our POA from our agency - for her protection and mercy.
- For our judge to have a heart for adoption and blessing on our family.
- For all of our paperwork to be available and just right.
For our boys.
- For their hearts to be prepared for our family.
- For them to attach and bond with us.
- For their complete healing of their body, mind, heart.
- For a good transition into our family.
- For a good connection with our girls.
- For them to come to know Christ as their personal savior.
- For better health than we anticipate.
- For their protection and safety.
- That God will raise them to be godly men and be used in positive and powerful ways.
For our girls.
- For our time apart while we are in Africa.
- For a smooth transition to being big sisters.
- To understand why our family dynamics will be different and strange for awhile.
- To be able to demonstrate the love of Christ to the boys.
- To be OK with less of Mom's time.
- To have a good attitude about all the sacrifices they will have to be part of.
- To be able to process their feelings well.
For Chuck and Cris.
- For us to attach and connect well with the boys.
- For our health and safety when we travel.
- For God's continued provision as we pay for the travel funds.
- For Cris' time to be multiplied to care for all the needs of 4 kids.
- For our adjustment back into having a baby/toddler and a preschooler.
- For us to continue to focus on the positive things as we encounter difficult stages.
- To be able to demonstrate God's love and kindness to our new kids.
- For our adjustment all together with our new kids.
- To remember all the training and education we have learned.
- For wisdom to parent our boys in a way that will only benefit them.
For our family.
- To be a positive example of adoption and be advocates for other orphaned children.
- For protection from the evil one and his workers.
- For the grandparents to be able to focus on what is best for our new boys.
- That our extended family can be a positive example of accepting adopted children the same as birth children.
- For wisdom to handle racial difficulties and protection from those situations.
- To be a positive example of racially diverse family. Showing that God sees His whole family in a variety of shades.
- To demonstrate God's heart for adoption.
Just wanted to pass on a few blogs from today that really touched my heart. Andrea (HERE) has such beautiful words from God's Word today. And HERE is a letter from a mom who is in the process of adoption who is struggling with her family and the lack of support and encouragement.
Dear Sweet Peas,
We are hopeful that tonight our adoption case will pass court in Ethiopia. We are preparing our home for your arrival. And praying that God prepares you both for us.
We love you, Love, Mom