Friday, March 12, 2010

Impetigo, giardia, scabies - OH MY !!

Well, we finally had our first check up at the regular pediatrician for the boys today (Monday I take them to the international pediatrician). We have been cocooning for 2 weeks together and I wasn't sure how they would do if we took them to a strange doctor. Both boys did well. Lots of waiting in the waiting room and we were trying to avoid everyone with their seasonal sickness.

Well...let me back up and start with our evening last night. We were blessed to have a meal from a friend for dinner and all was going just fine...UNTIL I was doing the dishes and started to feel REALLY DIZZY. I wasn't sure what it was, kind of ignored it and kept on working. The feeling just didn't pass and it ended up getting worse. I was so dizzy and nauseated and weak. I could hardly climb the stairs to say good-night to the kids. I was in and out of consciousness and ended up throwing up all of my dinner and couldn't get off the bathroom floor. Praying out to God for GRACE. I just can't get sick. My family NEEDS me. I started to think it might be a migraine (minus the headache). I couldn't stand the light and against my desire to sleep on the bathroom floor, I made it to bed (kicked the little man out just in case I was contagious). Poor Chuck was in charge of all the kiddos for the night. He ended up sleeping on the floor (in his clothes) with 3 out of the 4 kids. He called my mom for some back up help just in case. This morning I was feeling better, not as dizzy and able to take the kids to the doctor for their check up.

So, just as I suspected. Little man Tate is on round 2 for scabies, he has an ear infection, possible RSV, giardia, an infected diaper rash, and rickets. And big brother also has an ear infection, giardia, and impetigo. Poor little things. They must have not been feeling very well and maybe that is why they have been fussy (the little one rides my hip most of the day).

Chuck is off to pick up some much needed meds (of course the paperwork for the boys hasn't been processed and we have to pay out of pocket for what we need). We will all treat for scabies tonight and wash all the sheets in hot water tomorrow.

OH...WELL...just part of international adoption. =)

9 comments:

  1. We still have ringworm going around our house over a year after bringing our boys home! I hope you feel better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you were able to get to the doctor for the boys, but what about you?? Praying for a healthy house and that every one gets plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! You guys got hit hard. We just have been dealing with ringworm. Hope you all feel much better soon! Your boys are going to feel SO good after they are completely well. YAY!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry you are sick now. Wish I could be there to help. Now we will pray for health for all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...yucky..but so glad they will be on the road to healing now...email me if you can..I need to get everyone's email back in my computer so I can communicate with the world again..i lost all my contacts when my computer crashed last week, kj

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Oh my!" is right! Hope everyone (including you) is on the mend soon. Did you figure out what was wrong with you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor boys and sorry about your symptoms. I had the same symptoms last week and it was awful! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor little guys! We'll be praying they will be healthy soon and that you will be too!!! Ugh...being sick is so hard when you have little ones!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you were out with whatever that hit you so hard. Wow, hard to deal with all that for the boys, even if you expected most of it...

    Praying for healing for them and strength for you and Chuck. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete