Monday, March 1, 2010

We are home and trying to find a new normal

Thank you all sooooooooooooooooo much for the prayers on our trip. It all meant so much to know we had the support and encouragement from our friends and family. Needless to say, we are so happy to be home and we are trying to adjust to our new family. All has gone really well. The boys are doing great, the girls are doing very well and we are tired.

There are pictures to come but for now, we are trying to get settled, unpack, get over our colds/sickness from traveling, read about 1,000 emails (yes...seriously I have about 700 left to read - it will take me awhile), Chuck is back to work today on a big video shoot and we are finding our new normal.

On some positive notes, the boys are eating and sleeping well. That is one of the biggest challenges for transition. Tyson Fikadu's scabies are doing much better. Poor little guy. We have slept through the night since we got home (YIPPEE). No one is on a hunger strike and holding out for only Ethiopian food (good thing because I am too tired to try to make new recipes yet).
Both boys are taking naps each day (must be some healing going on during that sleep).

Thank you for the support and love. We had a huge crowd at the airport to welcome us home and it was so special. I have to post those pictures later, but for now go and check them out on Kristi and Amy's blog. The love and support mean so much, even my sister flew all the way here from California to show her support. Thank you all. Now if I can just shake this sickness, fight the jet lag and get used to toddlerhood and changing diapers, I would be set. =)


Dear Sweet Peas,

I am so grateful to be your mama. To have you come to me for support and love and nurturing. I am so grateful for how God brought our family together by His perfect design, may we always be a positive example to others who are looking at our family.

Love, Mom

19 comments:

  1. Oh friend. You have me crying again after reading your little letter to the boys. I cannot stop thinking about your family's homecoming the other night. It was the most beautiful event I have witnessed in a long time. So glad the transition is going well. I am praying that all continues to go well. We are so happy for you all. If you need anything, let me know.
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Cris! I missed your postings, but I have been thinking about you a lot and what it "must be like" transitioning to home. I am so glad to hear that things are going so well. Continued blessings and health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about you a lot! I am so glad the boys are sleeping and eating well - that helps everything else run much more smoothly! That's great that you are all sleeping through the night - when we came back from overseas when Hannah Beth was little it took her (and consequently me) forever to get over jet lag and stop waking up during the night. Give yourself permission to nap, too! I hope you feel better soon and get your energy back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great to hear from you. Trust me, we all understand you are very busy right now! We'll take and enjoy the updates when you have time! For now, enjoy your 4 kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH!! Praising God, and sooo happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the post. I went to Kristi's blog and can't stop crying. How special, how incredible, how inspired by God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures over at the other blogs! So glad you are home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How encouraging! Yay for sleeping and eating!! Can't wait to hear more when you are able. Rest up and get healthy. Praising the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. Those pictures. You lost me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristi's blog post is SO great. I feel like I wa there. I am so glad for your family. Give your precious girls our love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Continually praying that you will receive the rest you need to function 'normally'. Jay was so happy to meet you guys there - it was a real treasure for him. Today seemed like his first day off of jet lag - hoping yours is coming soon. Can't wait to see the pictures and hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been eating up every word from you since you received your referral. :) I am so glad you are finally home and starting the transition process. I can't wait to hear more, but totally understand the jet lag and sickness. I do not remember much from our first 4 weeks home. It was a blur of exhaustion and illness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yayyyyyyyyyyy, so glad you posted..i thought about calling and emailing, but didn't want to add to the WORK LOAD :) let me know if I can visit or help in anyway...so happy and excited for you all, kristi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad you all are home... the pictures on the other blogs were too much for me!! My heart just soared! Blessings and keep us posted !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO GLAD your family is HOME together!!! Take your time and ENJOY eachother...we will all be here waiting to follow the rest of the journey once you are rested!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to hear an update! So glad all is well. Thinking of you and looking forward to pics, but knowing this special time together adjusting is precious. Take your time. We'll all be back to devour the pics when you're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE and hugs to you all!!!!!
    Richard LOVED being at the airport--I made him report EVERY detail to me. :) And I chased down blogs until photos showed up--thank you kristi and amy!!
    Let us know if there is any way we can bring helps in these first weeks. Delighting in praying for you, sweet Peter's Pod!!!
    Love, Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Cris. I am so happy and joyful that you are home and a wonderful family of SIX now. Madeline and I were at the airport on Friday, but we couldn't stay when the flight was delayed. I was so disappointed. I am dying to meet Titus and Tatum. My prayers are with you as you figure your way through these early days. God bless. - Sarah

    ReplyDelete